Monday, March 9, 2015

      T.V    PROGRAMME  :  'PANAROMA'  By   PHANI  BASU ;  On   31 / 07 / 1979    P 7  of  7                                                                                                                                        
ANS :  You know  I  am  a  poet  first  and   and  first  condition  of  a  poet  is  to  be  true to  Self nd  soul, . . . ..  . .  Yes  my  family  suffers  and  like  most  Auto-Biographers wo  according  to  MARK  TWAIN   are  'great li'ars , I shall not  pretend   to  say  that  they  all  happily helped  me   for  that  can not  be .  My  wife suffered  for   I  could  not  comto  her  help  when needed,  my  children suffered   for  I  could  not  be   with  them  when  they desired. But  Maybe , they  suffered  but  yet  endured ; for, --I  was not   doing  anything  mean  but   tried   to  seek  a  vaster  SKY  for  me  and  them , all together .
And  you  know ; this  sacrifice  and endurance  is  also  another  kind  of  love in family  life .                                                                                                                                    
Q:   There  are   a  good  many abstract  Art-pieces  while  some  are  quite  simple  in form  and
       mood .Can   you  explain , -  how  you   developed  your  approach   from simple  unto  this
       abstract  form ?
 Ans : Yes  I  can .  I  started  my  works   from simple patterns  and  then  as  i  evolved   more  and  higher   I started    to  impart  sou  in  my  Art -models. And i  told  you  already  that   unless  a  piece  revealed  some  inner   mood  or  language ,  only  form  -external   did never interested  me .
  Then when ideas   and  feelings  grew  more  intense  ,   deep or  abstract   the  forms  had  to  leave  it's  simple  pattern and  be  more  complex  to  be  able  to  hold  the  meaning  within.
The  examples  are:  i)  Dev-Daasi  ii)EVOLUTION iii) Modern Man  iv)  Shringer v)  Don -quixote  vi) Mother- Courage  etc .
Q : It  was  very  interesting  to  listen  to  you  all  this  tme  and  thank  You  !
Ans :  Thank  you  too !
__________________________________________________________
DELHI   T.V  PRESETATION  OF   " SYMPHONY  IN  WOOD  "  IN  PANAROMA   ON  31 / 07 /1979 .( QUESTIOS and  ANSWERS )  Between  Mrs. Pandey  and  Phani Basu .

No comments:

Post a Comment