Sunday, March 8, 2015

   T.V  PROGRAMME  :PANAROMA  :   PANAROMA  ;  (31/ 07/ 1979)                         P 3    of  7
=======================================================

Q :  Do  find  a  wood  piece  of  suggesting    some sculpture  form  and   preserve  it  ?
Ans : Not   at  all .I f  i  only  found  them  and  preserved , i  should  at  most  be  named   an  Art -Collector and  not  a  sculptor  or  Creative  Artist.
Well, look  at  this  piece   that  I  named  "Modern Man ". This  figure  or man looks  highly  intelligent  with  massive  Brain and  look  so  confident , intellectually  impressive  and  dominating . But  also  largely  dis  proportionate  with a  Base  and wit  no  space  to represent  his  SOUL ! This  is  total  Imbalance    in   modern  set  up  civilization and Life . Thus this  intelligent  Modern  man   looks  almost  like  a  grotosque  figure.  So   you see  this  wood -piece  could  not  be  a  sculpture untill  I  imparted  my  feeling  unto  completeing  the  shape. And   and  thus :  and  here  I  was  the  Creative  Artist   and  not  an  Art  Collector  searching  forms  alone .
Q :  You  are a Poet and  now , you  are also  a  Sculptor . Which  fied  you  like  to  express  more  to         express  yourself , Or  which  side  your  love  lies  ?
Ans : You  want  to  expose  my  weaknesses ! Even  though  this  is  my  recent  love   for  visual                 Art ,  it  is  always   the  Poet in me    who   grew   in me   and  induced   me  even  in  other                 Games    of   art  ,
          I  started  loving  and  writing  poetry  since   I  entered  my  teen-age  ; maybe  even  earlier.
          The  situaution  was ;  I  was    born  in a  remote  village  of  1990s- Bengal  and  grew  as  a              real   village  boy . I  didi  nit  see  a  train  until I  was  15.  and  was  a champion  sufferer  from
          Malaria moulding  me  into  a very  sick    boy    and  rejected  in  every  sport . That  helped
          me indirectly to  grow  within  as a poet .  So  poetry  perhaps,  found easy  space  in  me .
          And  during  my  life  as  a Medical  student  and  as  shy  rural  figure  and  totally  UN-smart ,           tookk  hiding  in  drawing  , sketching  along with  poetry  and  was  tremendously   impressed
          and  inspired  by  the  drawing  Talent  of   Anatomy  Professor  Dr . Pashupoti  Bose   and                  being inspired I    started  a Sketch - wall  paper . Maybe    that  led  me  or pushed  me  to this           Game  of  Visual            Art .
        So , poetry   and  perhaps     Sketching  inspired  by  that Amatomy  Professor  helped me  to  wards   poetic Sketching    and  led  me  to  the    heaps  of    waste -woof gathered  for  sale  for  cooking  though  out  DELHI  of  the-then -time.
Q  :  do  you  think  that  your  being  a  doctor  help you  any  way   in being  a   artist  or  sculptor ?
Ans .:  I  think  it deed,  from  Anatomy & physical  state  of  things   in  living  beings ;  the proportion , the  disproportion, the  normal  the  abnormal . From  physiology  I  learnt   the  fuction  and  dysfunctions   of  our  Inside  . From  clinical  studies   I learnt  about  health ,  sickness , disease ,  the  agony  and  pain  of a  sufferer  , the  distress and   anxiety  of  relatives    and    the  tragedy  after  the  loss  or  Death..
Being  a  Doctor , I  think  I  had   the  largest  scope and  experience  of  the  story of  living  and  suffering lives . They  were  far  far  better  that   ART-College  Studio  'Model ',
           

No comments:

Post a Comment